Monday, March 27, 2006

The day of devastating flood in mumbai -- An honor to a friend

The sparky spots of rain,
Trickling down the window pane
The gushing water pushing the men and women,
Who are struggling to drag themselves down the lane.

So much of uproar down in the street,
I can't hear a whit,but I can see..
crowd struggling to find a place
As i queerly gaze into the space.


The day is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
relentlessly it pours albeit it finds us wary.

The day is done and the darkness falls
I see the light gleam through the rain and mist.
A strange twinge of remorse comes over me.
The spate and deluge my heart can not resist.

The grim picture of flood is presenting a pitiable sight,
can you come to terms with this wide poignant plight?

The water on the roads are dirty ,dark and deep;
Where it's very hard even to creep,
And I have long to go before I sleep..
And I have long to go before I sleep..

No comments: